In this episode, I share 7 BIG mistakes I’ve been over the years of being in the interior design industry and running my business! 😱
Recently in our design studio we’ve been having conversations while onboarding new team members about design processes and why things are done the way they are, and it got me thinking about how I came with my processes and best practices. Guess what?! It was through MANY MISTAKES over the years!
Through the episode, I go into detail about these 7 big mistakes that I have made during my design career:
- Mistake #1 – Ordering from a memo, NOT A CFA
- Mistake #2 – Not being present on-site for big installations
- Mistake #3 – Not collecting payment first
- Mistake #4 – Giving FREE consultations
- Mistake #5 – Not inspecting products
- Mistake #6 – Pulling the trigger on ordering TOO EARLY
- Mistake #7 – NOT HAVE A PROCESS 🤦♀️
I hope this episode is helpful for 2 reasons: 1️⃣: that you find comfort knowing that others have made mistakes and YOU ARE NOT ALONE, and 2️⃣: Take note of my mistakes and ensure that you don’t repeat them! 😉
If you like this episode and want to hear more about my mistakes, wins, fails, and unique situations while I’ve been a designer and a business owner, send me a DM on Instagram @msrebeccahay!